  1. Can I use a production server as the development system for my apps instead of the IIS running on my local machine? How is the connection configured?

    Thanks
    Condo

    =?Utf-8?B?Q29uZG8=?=, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    Sure.

    But you are polluting the production server environment unnecessarily. Some
    bugs in particular are particularly resistant to sniff out in polluted
    environments. In addition, a development environmnent incurs a performance
    penalty in debug mode.

    Keep your production environment disparate from your development effort.
    When you are ready to release your application, do it in a controlled
    manner. This added control secures your production environment from pesky
    bugs.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]