  1. Can I use a production server as the development system for my apps instead of the IIS running on my local machine? How is the connection configured?

    Thanks
    Condo
    =?Utf-8?B?Q29uZG8=?=, Jan 19, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q29uZG8=?=

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    Sure.

    But you are polluting the production server environment unnecessarily. Some
    bugs in particular are particularly resistant to sniff out in polluted
    environments. In addition, a development environmnent incurs a performance
    penalty in debug mode.

    Keep your production environment disparate from your development effort.
    When you are ready to release your application, do it in a controlled
    manner. This added control secures your production environment from pesky
    bugs.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]