Server development

Guest

Can I use a production server as the development system for my apps instead of the IIS running on my local machine? How is the connection configured?

Thanks
Condo

Alvin Bruney

Sure.

But you are polluting the production server environment unnecessarily. Some
bugs in particular are particularly resistant to sniff out in polluted
environments. In addition, a development environmnent incurs a performance
penalty in debug mode.

Keep your production environment disparate from your development effort.
When you are ready to release your application, do it in a controlled
manner. This added control secures your production environment from pesky
bugs.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]