    Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

    Cheers
    Keith
    Keith Chadwick, Dec 1, 2004

  2. Keith Chadwick

    Dan Rogers Guest

    In general, you should pass what your service methods expect for
    SoapAction. This is usually not the value of the Namespace parameter for
    the WebServiceAttribute on your service class.

    Since there are a few places where you can control what the Action header
    value should be, it's hard to say what you should pass, but this is only an
    issue if you are hand-slinging the HTTP request. If you do an update on
    your caller-side proxy, the problem should go away. It appeared because
    you changed the interface for the service.

    In general, you won't want to keep changing the namespace for a service
    just because you changed it's server location... they rarely need to be
    related since the service interface is something that could run in a number
    of locations.

    I hope this helps

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation
    --------------------
    >From: "Keith Chadwick" <>
    >Subject: Server did not recognize value of HTTP Header SOAPAction
    >Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 17:26:55 -0500
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
    phx.gbl

    >When creating my web service I set the namespace to test.
    >
    >Now that I have completed the service I have changed the namespace to
    >http://www.evententerprise.com/schema/2005/contacts + /method
    >
    >When I use this namespace in the header value for SOAPAction the web

    service

    Dan Rogers, Dec 1, 2004

  3. Hey Dan,

    I am doing a client side 'hand slinging' http request to the asmx web
    service file.

    In the Jscript I do setRequestHeader('SOAPAction','"[namespace]/[web service
    method]"')

    When I view the html my asmx automagically provides and click on the method
    it describes the soap envelope for me and that is what I am sending in the
    POST. Was working yesterday on another service? I wrote this one and
    dropped the submit xml node set to using straight parameters within the soap
    message, made sense to me.

    Caller side proxy? No such thing straight call to the asmx file at this
    point.

    Thoughts Yoda?

    Cheers
    Keith

    Keith Chadwick, Dec 1, 2004
  4. Never mind Dan, I'm an idiot. Cut and copy code will catch ya every time.
    All fine and good setting the namespace correctly but it would help to call
    the right asmx file, forest for the trees, think its time for a beer :)

    Cheers
    Keith

    Keith Chadwick, Dec 1, 2004
  5. Keith Chadwick

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Ahh beer.

    Enjoy!

    Dan
    --------------------
    >From: "Keith Chadwick" <>

    <vcUT#w$>
    >Subject: Re: Server did not recognize value of HTTP Header SOAPAction
    >Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 18:51:40 -0500
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
    .phx.gbl

    >Never mind Dan, I'm an idiot. Cut and copy code will catch ya every time.
    >All fine and good setting the namespace correctly but it would help to

    call
    >the right asmx file, forest for the trees, think its time for a beer :)
    >
    >Cheers
    >Keith
    >
    >"Dan Rogers" <> wrote in message
    >> In general, you should pass what your service methods expect for
    >> SoapAction. This is usually not the value of the Namespace parameter for
    >> the WebServiceAttribute on your service class.
    >>
    >> Since there are a few places where you can control what the Action header
    >> value should be, it's hard to say what you should pass, but this is only
    >> an
    >> issue if you are hand-slinging the HTTP request. If you do an update on
    >> your caller-side proxy, the problem should go away. It appeared because
    >> you changed the interface for the service.
    >>
    >> In general, you won't want to keep changing the namespace for a service
    >> just because you changed it's server location... they rarely need to be
    >> related since the service interface is something that could run in a
    >> number
    >> of locations.
    >>
    >> I hope this helps
    >>
    >> Dan Rogers
    >> Microsoft Corporation
    >>>From: "Keith Chadwick" <>
    >>>Subject: Server did not recognize value of HTTP Header SOAPAction
    >>>Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 17:26:55 -0500
    >>>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices

    cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP09

    Dan Rogers, Dec 2, 2004