    I'm a-thinkin' I oughter transmigrate to Google Groups maybe.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Aug 4, 2007

  2. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 04 Aug 2007 02:11:24
    GMT Neredbojias scribed:

    > Apparently my gnuish new newsserver was down for quite a while so if'n
    > ya cussed me out and I didn' cuss ya back, that's why.
    >
    > I'm a-thinkin' I oughter transmigrate to Google Groups maybe.

    Yeah, I should've included that a whole bunch of recent posts are missing
    (to me).

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Aug 4, 2007

  3. Neredbojias wrote:
    > Apparently my gnuish new newsserver was down for quite a while so if'n ya
    > cussed me out and I didn' cuss ya back, that's why.

    Which one's that?

    > I'm a-thinkin' I oughter transmigrate to Google Groups maybe.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups.
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 4, 2007
  4. Neredbojias

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Aug 3, 9:12 pm, Neredbojias <> wrote:
    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 04 Aug 2007 02:11:24
    > GMT Neredbojias scribed:
    >
    > > Apparently my gnuish new newsserver was down for quite a while so if'n
    > > ya cussed me out and I didn' cuss ya back, that's why.

    > > I'm a-thinkin' I oughter transmigrate to Google Groups maybe.

    > Yeah, I should've included that a whole bunch of recent posts are missing
    > (to me).
    >
    > --
    > Neredbojias
    > Half lies are worth twice as much as whole lies.

    It is good to have more than one newsreader, as most I have seen have
    problems from time to time. Google groups requires no sign up just to
    read. To post there, about all you need is an email address that is
    working at the moment so they can confirm you have an address. After
    you are signed up you can delete the email address or set to dump all
    incoming mail to avoid spam if you wish. Even if you like to use all
    of the fancy filtering, etc that some news readers have, Google is a
    good backup and alone it serves the needs of many. Your posting name
    is unusual enough that there is a good chance that it is not taken on
    Google or most newsreaders. Thus, if you can use the same name, many
    would not notice if you are posting on your backup reader unless they
    examined the headers.
    cwdjrxyz, Aug 4, 2007
  5. Neredbojias

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    cwdjrxyz <> wrote:

    > > Yeah, I should've included that a whole bunch of recent posts are missing
    > > (to me).
    > >
    > > --
    > > Neredbojias
    > > Half lies are worth twice as much as whole lies.

    > It is good to have more than one newsreader,

    Yes, in Boji's case he should have a _million_ newsreaders. Then
    he could take more time reading posts from every which angle and
    less on talking so much useless rubbish. I have one newsreader
    and I keep very stringent control on what is worth saying and
    that is why I have built the reputation I have. I am willing to
    sell this reputation, anyone interested?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 4, 2007
  6. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 04 Aug 2007 03:00:41
    GMT cwdjrxyz scribed:

    > It is good to have more than one newsreader, as most I have seen have
    > problems from time to time. Google groups requires no sign up just to
    > read. To post there, about all you need is an email address that is
    > working at the moment so they can confirm you have an address. After
    > you are signed up you can delete the email address or set to dump all
    > incoming mail to avoid spam if you wish. Even if you like to use all
    > of the fancy filtering, etc that some news readers have, Google is a
    > good backup and alone it serves the needs of many. Your posting name
    > is unusual enough that there is a good chance that it is not taken on
    > Google or most newsreaders. Thus, if you can use the same name, many
    > would not notice if you are posting on your backup reader unless they
    > examined the headers.

    You speak the truth but I can't seem to get used to the gg article layout.
    However, it's nice to have it as a backup.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Aug 4, 2007
  7. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 04 Aug 2007 03:43:43
    GMT dorayme scribed:

    > In article
    > <>,
    > cwdjrxyz <> wrote:
    >
    >> > Yeah, I should've included that a whole bunch of recent posts are
    >> > missing (to me).
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Neredbojias
    >> > Half lies are worth twice as much as whole lies.

    >> It is good to have more than one newsreader,

    > Yes, in Boji's case he should have a _million_ newsreaders. Then
    > he could take more time reading posts from every which angle and
    > less on talking so much useless rubbish. I have one newsreader
    > and I keep very stringent control on what is worth saying and
    > that is why I have built the reputation I have. I am willing to
    > sell this reputation, anyone interested?

    Uh, it was the _newsserver_ giving me problems, not my _newsreader_, Miss
    Stringent-Control-on-what-is-worth-saying. (Hah!)

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Aug 4, 2007
  8. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 04 Aug 2007 02:50:40
    GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

    > Neredbojias wrote:
    >> Apparently my gnuish new newsserver was down for quite a while so
    >> if'n ya cussed me out and I didn' cuss ya back, that's why.

    > Which one's that?

    UsenetMonster. $2.95 per month: 10 gigs. Cheap, but if I spent much more,
    I might just as well get a discount dial-up account (-like I had before for
    $8.95/mo.)

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Aug 4, 2007
  9. Neredbojias wrote:
    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 04 Aug 2007 03:00:41
    > GMT cwdjrxyz scribed:
    >
    >> It is good to have more than one newsreader, as most I have seen have
    >> problems from time to time. Google groups requires no sign up just to
    >> read. To post there, about all you need is an email address that is
    >> working at the moment so they can confirm you have an address. After
    >> you are signed up you can delete the email address or set to dump all
    >> incoming mail to avoid spam if you wish. Even if you like to use all
    >> of the fancy filtering, etc that some news readers have, Google is a
    >> good backup and alone it serves the needs of many. Your posting name
    >> is unusual enough that there is a good chance that it is not taken on
    >> Google or most newsreaders. Thus, if you can use the same name, many
    >> would not notice if you are posting on your backup reader unless they
    >> examined the headers.

    > You speak the truth but I can't seem to get used to the gg article layout.
    > However, it's nice to have it as a backup.

    Luckly, kill filters *do* examine the headers.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 4, 2007
  10. Neredbojias wrote:
    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 04 Aug 2007 02:50:40
    > GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:
    >
    >> Neredbojias wrote:
    >>> Apparently my gnuish new newsserver was down for quite a while so
    >>> if'n ya cussed me out and I didn' cuss ya back, that's why.

    >> Which one's that?

    > UsenetMonster. $2.95 per month: 10 gigs. Cheap, but if I spent much more,

    Ah. I thought since it went down you might be posting from a backup.

    > I might just as well get a discount dial-up account (-like I had before for
    > $8.95/mo.)

    I don't need bunnies, so I use news.individual.net for $14/year as my
    primary. I also have a few freebies, and use a couple-three of those most
    every day, as well (as well as the in-house servers like at mozilla.org
    and spamcop.net and grc.com).

    Not counting the unused and unconfigured OE, I also have 7 news clients.

    I'm kind of a Usenet junkie. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 4, 2007
  11. Neredbojias wrote:
    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 04 Aug 2007 03:43:43
    > GMT dorayme scribed:
    >
    >> In article
    >> <>,

    >>> It is good to have more than one newsreader,

    >> Yes, in Boji's case he should have a _million_ newsreaders. Then
    >> he could take more time reading posts from every which angle and
    >> less on talking so much useless rubbish. I have one newsreader
    >> and I keep very stringent control on what is worth saying and
    >> that is why I have built the reputation I have. I am willing to
    >> sell this reputation, anyone interested?

    > Uh, it was the _newsserver_ giving me problems, not my _newsreader_, Miss
    > Stringent-Control-on-what-is-worth-saying. (Hah!)

    Speaking of reputations...you *still* aren't binning duhrayme? :)

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 4, 2007
  12. Neredbojias

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    > > Uh, it was the _newsserver_ giving me problems, not my _newsreader_, Miss
    > > Stringent-Control-on-what-is-worth-saying. (Hah!)

    > Speaking of reputations...you *still* aren't binning duhrayme? :)

    Naturally, a sexist low-life shark who prides and preens his
    reputation so carefully would not find it beneath himself to make
    make asides to others rather than confront the object of his
    contempt.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 4, 2007
  13. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 04 Aug 2007 05:55:01
    GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

    >> Uh, it was the _newsserver_ giving me problems, not my _newsreader_,
    >> Miss Stringent-Control-on-what-is-worth-saying. (Hah!)

    > Speaking of reputations...you *still* aren't binning duhrayme? :)

    Are you serious? Considering her "scintillating personality", I doubt if
    I'd even date her.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Aug 4, 2007
  14. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 04 Aug 2007 05:49:07
    GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

    >> You speak the truth but I can't seem to get used to the gg article
    >> layout. However, it's nice to have it as a backup.

    > Luckly, kill filters *do* examine the headers.

    He he, I thought that might get your shoat...

    Weaaall, me 'n Bill don't examine headers, we jist enjoys 'em.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Aug 4, 2007
  15. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 04 Aug 2007 05:53:09
    GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

    >>> Which one's that?

    >> UsenetMonster. $2.95 per month: 10 gigs. Cheap, but if I spent much
    >> more,

    > Ah. I thought since it went down you might be posting from a backup.

    Nah. Just waited till it came back up. Rather like intimacy in the
    boudoir revisited.

    >> I might just as well get a discount dial-up account (-like I had
    >> before for $8.95/mo.)

    > I don't need bunnies, so I use news.individual.net for $14/year as my
    > primary.

    I tried that when I decided to go hi-speed but had trouble with the
    payment methods. The rules are different for Americans and Europeans, -
    worse for the former. They try to dun your cc (for cc usage, I guess)
    _as well as_ the normal charge, and I would have none of it.

    I also have a few freebies, and use a couple-three of those
    > most every day, as well (as well as the in-house servers like at
    > mozilla.org and spamcop.net and grc.com).
    >
    > Not counting the unused and unconfigured OE, I also have 7 news
    > clients.
    >
    > I'm kind of a Usenet junkie. :)

    You must be subscribed to a lot of different groups 'cause I don't see
    your tail around here that often (-lessen you just jaw much less than you
    read, sort of an anti-dorayme-type-paradigm.)

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Aug 4, 2007
  16. Neredbojias

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <Xns9982104EE32E0nanopandaneredbojias@198.186.190.161>,
    Neredbojias <> wrote:

    > Are you serious? Considering her "scintillating personality", I doubt if
    > I'd even date her.

    I am sooooooo disappointed. I was soooooo looking forward to a
    sort of variation on Fatal Attraction with the variation being
    Glen Close succeeds.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 4, 2007
  17. Neredbojias wrote:
    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 04 Aug 2007 05:55:01
    > GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:
    >
    >>> Uh, it was the _newsserver_ giving me problems, not my _newsreader_,
    >>> Miss Stringent-Control-on-what-is-worth-saying. (Hah!)

    >> Speaking of reputations...you *still* aren't binning duhrayme? :)

    > Are you serious? Considering her "scintillating personality", I doubt if
    > I'd even date her.

    Yes, I'm serious. Binning means killfiling -- putting in the "bozo bin".

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 4, 2007
  18. Neredbojias wrote:
    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 04 Aug 2007
    > 05:53:09 GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

    >>> UsenetMonster. $2.95 per month: 10 gigs. Cheap, but if I spent
    >>> much more,

    >> Ah. I thought since it went down you might be posting from a backup.

    > Nah. Just waited till it came back up. Rather like intimacy in the
    > boudoir revisited.
    >
    >>> I might just as well get a discount dial-up account (-like I had
    >>> before for $8.95/mo.)

    >> I don't need bunnies, so I use news.individual.net for $14/year as my
    >> primary.

    > I tried that when I decided to go hi-speed but had trouble with the
    > payment methods. The rules are different for Americans and Europeans,
    > - worse for the former. They try to dun your cc (for cc usage, I
    > guess) _as well as_ the normal charge, and I would have none of it.

    I'm the former. I had no issues with them the two times I've paid for
    the service.

    > I also have a few freebies, and use a couple-three of those
    >> most every day, as well (as well as the in-house servers like at
    >> mozilla.org and spamcop.net and grc.com).
    >>
    >> Not counting the unused and unconfigured OE, I also have 7 news
    >> clients.
    >>
    >> I'm kind of a Usenet junkie. :)

    > You must be subscribed to a lot of different groups 'cause I don't see
    > your tail around here that often (-lessen you just jaw much less than
    > you read, sort of an anti-dorayme-type-paradigm.)

    Probably 30, but some of them are low-traffic groups. I only heavily
    participate in...I guess three that run two or three hundred posts or
    more a day. Most are mid-sized. I read a lot more than I post here and
    in alt.www.webmaster; I'm not as versed in the issues with these two
    groups so it's more learning for me and less helping. I did just pick
    up a domain to take my Usenet Improvement Project to, so when I get
    around to designing that (it'll be completely new) I'll probably be
    standing in the help queue here more than I have been. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 4, 2007
  19. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 04 Aug 2007 08:59:51
    GMT dorayme scribed:

    > In article
    > <Xns9982104EE32E0nanopandaneredbojias@198.186.190.161>,
    > Neredbojias <> wrote:
    >
    >> Are you serious? Considering her "scintillating personality", I
    >> doubt if I'd even date her.

    > I am sooooooo disappointed. I was soooooo looking forward to a
    > sort of variation on Fatal Attraction with the variation being
    > Glen Close succeeds.

    Actually, I was more taken with the plot disclosed in Basic Instinct.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Aug 4, 2007
  20. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 04 Aug 2007 09:00:52
    GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

    >>> Speaking of reputations...you *still* aren't binning duhrayme? :)

    >> Are you serious? Considering her "scintillating personality", I
    >> doubt if I'd even date her.

    > Yes, I'm serious. Binning means killfiling -- putting in the "bozo
    > bin".

    Nope. I like dorayme. True, she shouldn't have name-called in the way she
    did, but she's interesting and intelligent - and a little flaky. That's an
    entertaining combination if you ask me. Besides, you have to remember that
    when you're dealing with women, you can't be too choosey.

    A shark may eat what it finds annoying; a human just tries to avoid
    indigestion.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Aug 4, 2007