Server Error in '/' Application: Can't find _Default

Brian Westcott

I am trying to test the following simple program on my Web Server and I get
the message:

Parser Error Message: Could not load type '_Default'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="C#" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs"
Inherits="_Default" %>
Line 2:
Line

The file"default.aspx" is in my root directory on the server. I have tried
putting "default.aspx.cs" in the root directory and also in the AppCode
directory to no avail. I suspect that default.asps.cs is not being found,
but I don't know for sure. Can someone please help?

// File: default.aspx
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs"
Inherits="_Default" %>

<head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<h2>this is a test</h2>
</form>

// File:default.aspc.cs
using System;
using System.Data;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

Response.Write("<h2>The time is ");
Response.Write(DateTime.Now.ToString());
Response.Write(".</h2></body></html>");

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Brian said:
I am trying to test the following simple program on my Web Server and
I get the message:

Parser Error Message: Could not load type '_Default'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="C#" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs"

recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest
There are also forums at www.asp.net.com

Brian Westcott

Thnaks for the reply. I missed the other newsgroup when I was searching so
this seemed to be as close to anything I could find. I appreciate you
pointing me to a more sutiable group.
Brian