    What else? I've scoured web articles for hours, they all suggest
    everything I've tried. What else can I check?

    Thanks!
    Fred Flintstone, Aug 20, 2006

  2. Oh fer...

    Things have changed in Windows Server 2003 R2. Screw the web.config.
    I had to go in to the web site properties and choose the "ASP.Net"
    tab. First, it was set for 1.x when my app is 2.0. Then, under the
    configuration button, the Custom Errors can be set there to Off or
    whatever. Once I did this, I finally gor an actual page error. Once
    I fixed that, the whole damned thing worked; apps, database, custom
    controls, dll's...

    Nevermind, consider it fyi for anyone else lost. :)

    Fred Flintstone, Aug 20, 2006

  3. heh, heh...

    You wanted to become a web programmer, didn't you ?

    :)

    Glad to know you got to the root of the problem!

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Aug 20, 2006