Server Error in '/' Application.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Øyvind Isaksen, Nov 5, 2005.

  1. Hello!

    I have made an asp.net application, and it works fine on my local computer.
    But when I transfer it to my webserver (here: http://dev1.softmaker.no/ld/),
    I get this error message:

    -----------------------------------
    Server Error in '/' Application.
    error settings for this application prevent the details of the application
    error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however,
    be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
    ----------------------------------

    The strange thing is that the web application works fine on the webserver if
    I make a "Virtual Directory" and point to the folder with the webfiles
    (folder "ld").
    Here is the same webside (on the same webserver), but the folder "ld" is a
    Virtual Directory: http://www.minewebsider.no/ld/ -As you see, this works
    fine!

    My webserver runs Windows 2003 and IIS 6.0
    Hope someone PLEASE can help me, I can not run all my ASP.NET sites with
    Virtual Directories!

    Thanks for all replies :)
    Øyvind Isaksen, Nov 5, 2005

  2. Øyvind Isaksen

    Mr Newbie Guest

    How does IIS know that detail.aspx is the default page ?, check your IIS web
    folder settings for this application.

    --
    Best Regards

    The Inimitable Mr Newbie º¿º

    Mr Newbie, Nov 5, 2005

  3. Øyvind Isaksen

    Guest

    If you change the customError tag in the web.config file, what error
    message do you get?
    , Nov 5, 2005
  4. Hi!

    In IIS under Documents I have default.aspx listed in "Enable default content
    page".

    Øyvind Isaksen, Nov 5, 2005
  5. Hello!

    The thing is that there is no error in the asp.net code, I know this because
    it works when I use Virtual Directory.

    Here I use Virtual Directory, it works:
    http://www.minewebsider.no/ld/

    This is the exactly same page, but I dont use Virtual Directory (I use IIS).
    It fails:
    http://dev1.softmaker.no/ld/

    By the way, this is my web.config file:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <configuration>
    <appSettings>
    <add key="ConnString"
    value="server=MY-SERVER;database=MY-DATABASE;uid=***;pwd=***" />
    </appSettings>
    <system.web>
    <compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true" />

    <customErrors mode="Off" />
    <trace enabled="false" requestLimit="10" pageOutput="false"
    traceMode="SortByTime" localOnly="true" />
    <sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
    sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=sa;password="
    cookieless="false" timeout="20" />
    <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" />
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    Thanks for helping me!!!!

    Øyvind Isaksen, Nov 6, 2005
  6. Øyvind Isaksen

    Mr Newbie Guest

    OK, but the link below shows a page called Detail.aspx. not default.aspx

    Mr Newbie, Nov 6, 2005
  7. Øyvind Isaksen

    Greg Burns Guest

    "Øyvind Isaksen" <> wrote in message
    > My webserver runs Windows 2003 and IIS 6.0
    > Hope someone PLEASE can help me, I can not run all my ASP.NET sites with
    > Virtual Directories!

    I believe you have to, don't you?

    Greg
    Greg Burns, Nov 6, 2005
  8. He could run them as Websites, too, using host headers,
    which is probably just what he needs to do.

    Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
    ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 6, 2005
  9. Yes, I need to run them as websites.
    When I use Virtual Directory, it works fine.
    But, when I use Websutes using Host Header, I get this Parser Error:

    ------------------------------
    Parser Error

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'ld.test2'.

    Source Error:
    Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
    Codebehind="test2.aspx.vb" Inherits="ld.test2"%>
    Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    Line 3: <HTML>

    This file is just an aspx-file with a text field, button and
    RequiredFieldValidator. Nothing more.
    All my ASP3.0 sites run with Host Header, I dont understand why this dont
    work with asp.net files?

    Thanks :)

    Øyvind Isaksen, Nov 6, 2005