Server Error in '/' Application.

Øyvind Isaksen

Hello!

I have made an asp.net application, and it works fine on my local computer.
But when I transfer it to my webserver (here: http://dev1.softmaker.no/ld/),
I get this error message:

-----------------------------------
Server Error in '/' Application.
error settings for this application prevent the details of the application
error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however,
be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
----------------------------------

The strange thing is that the web application works fine on the webserver if
I make a "Virtual Directory" and point to the folder with the webfiles
(folder "ld").
Here is the same webside (on the same webserver), but the folder "ld" is a
Virtual Directory: http://www.minewebsider.no/ld/ -As you see, this works
fine!

My webserver runs Windows 2003 and IIS 6.0
Hope someone PLEASE can help me, I can not run all my ASP.NET sites with
Virtual Directories!

Thanks for all replies :)

Mr Newbie

How does IIS know that detail.aspx is the default page ?, check your IIS web
folder settings for this application.

ScottStoecker

If you change the customError tag in the web.config file, what error
message do you get?

Øyvind Isaksen

Hi!

In IIS under Documents I have default.aspx listed in "Enable default content
page".

Øyvind Isaksen

Hello!

The thing is that there is no error in the asp.net code, I know this because
it works when I use Virtual Directory.

Here I use Virtual Directory, it works:
http://www.minewebsider.no/ld/

This is the exactly same page, but I dont use Virtual Directory (I use IIS).
It fails:
http://dev1.softmaker.no/ld/

By the way, this is my web.config file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="ConnString"
value="server=MY-SERVER;database=MY-DATABASE;uid=***;pwd=***" />
</appSettings>
<system.web>
<compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true" />

<customErrors mode="Off" />
<trace enabled="false" requestLimit="10" pageOutput="false"
traceMode="SortByTime" localOnly="true" />
<sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=sa;password="
cookieless="false" timeout="20" />
<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" />
</system.web>
</configuration>

Thanks for helping me!!!!

Greg Burns

Øyvind Isaksen said:
My webserver runs Windows 2003 and IIS 6.0
Hope someone PLEASE can help me, I can not run all my ASP.NET sites with
Virtual Directories!

I believe you have to, don't you?

Greg

Juan T. Llibre

He could run them as Websites, too, using host headers,
which is probably just what he needs to do.

Øyvind Isaksen

Yes, I need to run them as websites.
When I use Virtual Directory, it works fine.
But, when I use Websutes using Host Header, I get this Parser Error:

------------------------------
Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'ld.test2'.

Source Error:
Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
Codebehind="test2.aspx.vb" Inherits="ld.test2"%>
Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
Line 3: <HTML>

This file is just an aspx-file with a text field, button and
RequiredFieldValidator. Nothing more.
All my ASP3.0 sites run with Host Header, I dont understand why this dont
work with asp.net files?

Thanks :)