Server Error: Unable to find an entry point named EnumerateSecurityPackagesW in DLL security.dll.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Sam Fields, Oct 22, 2004.

  1. Sam Fields

    Sam Fields Guest

    I have found very little regarding the error "Unable to find an entry point
    named EnumerateSecurityPackagesW in DLL security.dll. ". I have an ASP.NET
    Web Service being accessed via SSL. I found a website indicating that if
    any of your .dll names are security.dll, it could cause this issue. I
    happened to have named the service that -- so I renamed the service's dll,
    and it still didn't work.

    I decided to start from scratch, and built a test service (namespace
    "ServiceHost") with one method:

    [WebMethod()]
    public string SayHello()
    {
    return "Hello";
    }

    It still does not work when accessed via SSL.

    The exception is listed below. Can anyone tell me what's configured
    incorrectly?

    Thanks!
    Sam Fields

    Server Error in '/sandbox' Application.
    ----

    Unable to find an entry point named EnumerateSecurityPackagesW in DLL
    security.dll.

    Exception Details: System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an
    entry point named EnumerateSecurityPackagesW in DLL security.dll.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named
    EnumerateSecurityPackagesW in DLL security.dll.]
    System.Net.NativeNTSSPI.EnumerateSecurityPackagesW(Int32& pkgnum, IntPtr&
    arrayptr) +0
    System.Net.SSPISecureChannelType.EnumerateSecurityPackages(Int32& pkgnum,
    IntPtr& arrayptr) +45
    System.Net.SSPIWrapper.EnumerateSecurityPackages(SSPIInterface SecModule)
    +57
    System.Net.SSPIWrapper.GetSupportedSecurityPackages(SSPIInterface
    SecModule) +29
    System.Net.SecureChannel..cctor() +40

    [TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for
    "System.Net.SecureChannel" threw an exception.]
    System.Net.SecureChannel..ctor(String hostname, X509CertificateCollection
    clientCertificates) +0
    System.Net.TlsStream.Handshake(ProtocolToken message) +51

    [WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish
    secure channel for SSL/TLS.]
    System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus() +674
    System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    +75
    System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() +132
    methodName, Object[] parameters) +105
    sandbox.webservice.servicehost.SayHello() in G:\wwwroot\sandbox\Web
    References\webservice\Reference.cs:37
    sandbox._default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
    g:\wwwroot\sandbox\default.aspx.cs:37

    Sam Fields, Oct 22, 2004