Server errors galore, local runs fine

George Addison

I'm caught in a situation where my app runs absolutely
perfectly on my local machine. When I upload to my ISPs
server, however, I'm presented with a few errors I have
not run into, and have exhausted my search for an answer.

-------------------------------
1) Error: "The virtual path '/UserControls/uLegal.ascx'
maps to another application, which is not allowed."

I'm referencing the user control from the SAME
application, and have tried using the "~/..." reference,
with the same result. What else can I check for? Could
the ISP's IIS settings be misconfigured?

2) Error: "System.NullReferenceException: Object
reference not set to an instance of an object."

I get this whenever I instantiate a custom class. What
could be causing this?--yes, I am instantiating
correctly... Could this again be related to server
misconfiguration?

3) Error: "Could not load type 'PC.privacy'"

This is a fresh build, and only happens on some pages.

Tommy

Error 1: Make sure only the root of your web applications's virtual
directory is created as an application. You might get this error if
your "UserControls" virtual directory is also created as an
application.

Error 2 and 3: Make sure the dll assembly of your web application is
placed in the correct location. It should be in the "bin" subfolder
directly under the root folder that contains your web application.

Tommy,