    Anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks in advance...

    -BB
    Brian Burgess, Sep 7, 2003

  2. you don't say whether this is local or remote, or which version of IIS and
    OS are being used.
    there are older versions of IIS that won't support it, i think.

    jason

    jason kennedy, Sep 7, 2003

  3. Brian Burgess

    Ray at Guest

    What makes you think it's not executing? Is it supposed to do something
    visible? Throw in a response.write "I'm executing." in the execute page.

    Ray at home

    --
    Will trade ASP help for SQL Server help

    Ray at, Sep 7, 2003
  4. The servers being tested are Win2KPro and WinXPPro. The IIS is 5.0
    on the Win2K, and 5.1 on the WinXP. .. happening both locally and
    remotely.

    thanks

    -BB

    Brian Burgess, Sep 8, 2003
  5. Ya it is a somewhat long running script with a loop. So I send out a
    %>
    loop <%=nLoopNbr> <br>
    <%
    at the end of each iteration of the loop

    Thats how I could tell it was working at one time. Also the VID
    debugger is no longer breaking at break-points set within this page.

    so odd.. :-(

    -BB

    Brian Burgess, Sep 8, 2003
  6. Hi Brian,

    For test purpose, have you tried creating a new asp page and call
    server.execute method in this new page? Also, try to execute another page
    and see if this can work.

    If you are working in a test enviroment, you could try iisrest.exe the IIS
    server. To do this, open a Command Prompt window and type "iisreset" on the
    command line.

    Felix Wu
    =============
    Felix Wu [MSFT], Sep 8, 2003
  7. Hi Brian ,

    Does this problem only occur with some certain pages? You could try
    creating 2 new pages, A and B for example, and call Server.Execute(B)
    method in page A. Does page B get executed? If this happens in all
    websites, try iisreset your IIS as I suggested in my last post. Probably
    there is something wrong in the ASP engine.

    If this happens only with some certain pages, could you please show us a
    simple demo? So that we can take a look into it?

    Thanks,

    Felix Wu
    =======

    --------------------
    >From: Brian Burgess <>
    >Subject: Re: Server.Execute call not executing
    >Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 07:35:27 +0800

    <#>

    Felix Wu [MSFT], Sep 9, 2003
  8. Hi Felix,

    Thanks for the message.

    It seems ok now. I had some indications of a virus last night, so I
    shut down and did an off-line scan. It was all clear (no viruses),
    and after re-starting the computer and continuing, the ASP was ok too.
    I had suppose too, like you had indicated, something wrong in either
    IIS or the ASP engine...

    I've been testing all day with the same code .. all seems well.

    Thanks for the help...

    -BB

    Brian Burgess, Sep 9, 2003