Server.Execute call not executing

Brian Burgess

Hi all,

Anyone know of any special issues with Server.Execute?

Specifically for me it simply is not executing ... the server does not
transfer to the page specified. The calling ASP just continues as if
it had gone to the page and returned ... with no error code.

This ASP had been working actually. I made a change to a <FORM>
element on the calling page, then the Execute call stopped working.
So I reverted back to original and still does not execute.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

-BB

jason kennedy

you don't say whether this is local or remote, or which version of IIS and
OS are being used.
there are older versions of IIS that won't support it, i think.

jason

Ray at

What makes you think it's not executing? Is it supposed to do something
visible? Throw in a response.write "I'm executing." in the execute page.

Ray at home

Brian Burgess

The servers being tested are Win2KPro and WinXPPro. The IIS is 5.0
on the Win2K, and 5.1 on the WinXP. .. happening both locally and
remotely.

thanks

-BB

Brian Burgess

Ya it is a somewhat long running script with a loop. So I send out a
%>
loop <%=nLoopNbr> <br>
<%
at the end of each iteration of the loop

Thats how I could tell it was working at one time. Also the VID
debugger is no longer breaking at break-points set within this page.

so odd.. :-(

-BB

Felix Wu [MSFT]

Hi Brian,

For test purpose, have you tried creating a new asp page and call
server.execute method in this new page? Also, try to execute another page
and see if this can work.

If you are working in a test enviroment, you could try iisrest.exe the IIS
server. To do this, open a Command Prompt window and type "iisreset" on the
command line.

Felix Wu
=============

Felix Wu [MSFT]

Hi Brian ,

Does this problem only occur with some certain pages? You could try
creating 2 new pages, A and B for example, and call Server.Execute(B)
method in page A. Does page B get executed? If this happens in all
websites, try iisreset your IIS as I suggested in my last post. Probably
there is something wrong in the ASP engine.

If this happens only with some certain pages, could you please show us a
simple demo? So that we can take a look into it?

Thanks,

Felix Wu
=======

--------------------

Brian Burgess

Hi Felix,

Thanks for the message.

It seems ok now. I had some indications of a virus last night, so I
shut down and did an off-line scan. It was all clear (no viruses),
and after re-starting the computer and continuing, the ASP was ok too.
I had suppose too, like you had indicated, something wrong in either
IIS or the ASP engine...

I've been testing all day with the same code .. all seems well.

Thanks for the help...

-BB