Server.Execute does not work on 2003

David C

We moved an ASP application from Win 2000 server to Win 2003 server and now
the Server.Execute method does not work. It gives me ASP 0228 error. What
gives? Thanks.

David Chase

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

What is the TEXT of the error message? You don't think we memorize error
numbers?

See if the mention of 0228 in http://www.aspfaq.com/2413 gives you any help.
If not, show us what you're passing to Server.Execute and the actual error
message you receive.

David

Server object, ASP 0228 (0x80004005)
The call to Server.Execute failed while loading the page.

I looked at aspfaq and maybe there is a problem with the "relative URL".
One more thing to note, this web page is on https secured. Does that
make a difference?

My code line that fails is below:

Server.Execute("/ActivityTrak/shared/buildappvars.asp")

David

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

One more thing to note, this web page is on https secured. Does that
make a difference?

Maybe, have you tried running the same code but access it via http://
instead of https://? Is the result any different?

Can you show us the result of

Response.Write Server.MapPath("/ActivityTrak/shared/buildappvars.asp")

.... both from HTTP and HTTPS? Is this a vaid path?

Jeff Dillon

80004005 is Access Denied. As a test, add IUSR and/or IWAM to the admin
group

Jeff

StephenMcC

Win 2003 is locked down in comparison to Win 2000, the IUSR_ won't have
access to cmd.exe as I'm guess it wont be in the web root but in System32
(that is if its a script ur trying to run), you could test if by adding the
Iusr_, but if this works better to add a custom user/group/identity giving
read/execute ACLs, adding this user to page in IIS which tries to execute the
script...