    the Server.Execute method does not work. It gives me ASP 0228 error. What
    gives? Thanks.

    David Chase

    David C, Oct 27, 2004

  2. What is the TEXT of the error message? You don't think we memorize error
    numbers?

    See if the mention of 0228 in http://www.aspfaq.com/2413 gives you any help.
    If not, show us what you're passing to Server.Execute and the actual error
    message you receive.

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    "David C" <> wrote in message
    > We moved an ASP application from Win 2000 server to Win 2003 server and

    now

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Oct 27, 2004

  3. David C

    David Guest

    Server object, ASP 0228 (0x80004005)
    The call to Server.Execute failed while loading the page.

    I looked at aspfaq and maybe there is a problem with the "relative URL".
    One more thing to note, this web page is on https secured. Does that
    make a difference?

    My code line that fails is below:

    Server.Execute("/ActivityTrak/shared/buildappvars.asp")

    David

    David, Oct 27, 2004
  4. > One more thing to note, this web page is on https secured. Does that
    > make a difference?

    Maybe, have you tried running the same code but access it via http://
    instead of https://? Is the result any different?

    Can you show us the result of

    Response.Write Server.MapPath("/ActivityTrak/shared/buildappvars.asp")

    .... both from HTTP and HTTPS? Is this a vaid path?

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Oct 27, 2004
  5. David C

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    80004005 is Access Denied. As a test, add IUSR and/or IWAM to the admin
    group

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Oct 27, 2004
  6. David C

    StephenMcC Guest

    Win 2003 is locked down in comparison to Win 2000, the IUSR_ won't have
    access to cmd.exe as I'm guess it wont be in the web root but in System32
    (that is if its a script ur trying to run), you could test if by adding the
    Iusr_, but if this works better to add a custom user/group/identity giving
    read/execute ACLs, adding this user to page in IIS which tries to execute the
    script...

    StephenMcC, Oct 29, 2004