Server.Execute locks dll

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Karl Bauer, Jun 3, 2004.

  1. Karl Bauer

    Karl Bauer Guest

    Hello!

    I have a strange problem:
    The aspx File for articles is saved in the root Folder of my asp.net
    application -> artikel.aspx
    It's like a template and in this page I use a Server.Execute to
    another file called fotogallery.aspx which is saved in the subfolder
    contentBlocks.

    This two pages are hosted in different projects, so I get two
    different dll's. artikel.aspx can find the assembly of the fotogallery
    because I'm using the probing element in the web.config:

    <runtime>
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
    <probing privatePath="contentBlocks\bin" />
    </assemblyBinding>
    </runtime>

    Here is the strange part and I can't find any solution in the web.
    When IIS is restarted and I compile the project for the fotogallery
    for the first time everything works fine, BUT when I call the
    fotogallery via the Server.Execute in the artikel.aspx with a browser
    project any more! There is a file lock and I can't delete the dll.

    I tried different suggestions which I found with google, like:
    - closing Visual Studio
    - delete the dll by hand (does not work because there's the file lock)
    - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319991

    The error message I get (sorry, it's in German):
    Die Datei "bin\contentBlocks.dll" konnte nicht in das
    Ausf├╝hrungsverzeichnis kopiert werden. Der Prozess kann nicht auf die
    Datei zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

    Do you have any tips?

    Thank you,
    Karl Bauer

    Karl Bauer, Jun 3, 2004