    response.redirect

    I need to have a page execute if an error occurs while processing a page
    that a form was submitted to and have the data preserved.

    David C. Holley, Jan 17, 2004

  2. David C. Holley

    Brynn Guest

    SHould be server.transfer ... keeps session states and current
    transaction states

    Brynn
    www.coolpier.com

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:38:01 -0500, "David C. Holley"
    <> wrote:

    >Real quick, please refresh my memory which one of the following
    >preserves the information that was posted from a form?
    >
    >server.execute
    >
    >server.transfer
    >
    >response.redirect
    >
    >I need to have a page execute if an error occurs while processing a page
    >that a form was submitted to and have the data preserved.

    I participate in the group to help give examples of code. I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted. Test all code before use!

    Brynn
    www.coolpier.com

    Brynn, Jan 18, 2004

  3. David C. Holley

    David Holley Guest

    Actually, server.execute is working fine for me know. The page to which
    the form is posted is actually a script which queries a DB and loads up
    some session variables. If the session vars are loaded another page is
    called which displays the information from the session vars. If the
    session vars aren't loaded a different is loaded which displays the
    information that was posted to it. (Its a contingency thing just in case
    something unexpected happens.)

    (Goto
    http://www.gatewayorlando.com/content/transportationFaresResortSelectRat
    eSheetV2.asp
    Select a resort to see the rate sheet for the hotel and then click on a
    destination to book it) If the script succeeds, the reservation form
    will be loaded with a rate quote & address information. If the script
    fails, the form will still be loaded with the pick-up & drop-off
    location already supplied.)

    David H

    David Holley, Jan 18, 2004
  4. David C. Holley

    Brynn Guest

    As long as you set the session, you should be able to read it from any
    of your site regardless of how you get there =)

    Brynn, Jan 18, 2004
  5. David C. Holley

    David Holley Guest

    Yes, that's very true. However, the process retrieves records from a DB
    and then loads the values into the session vars. The contingency is in
    place to minimize the impact of a failure in hitting the DB.

    David Holley, Jan 18, 2004
  6. David C. Holley

    Brynn Guest

    I understood =) ... I was just saying that whatever you load in there
    should be able to be passed from page to page ... REGARDLESS of how
    you get from one to the other ... since you are using sessions for the
    data.

    May I also suggest storing the info as strings rather than recordsets
    or arrays ... performance issues with the latter I believe.

    Brynn

    Brynn, Jan 18, 2004
  7. David C. Holley

    David Holley Guest

    All recordsets are open & closed on the page that is handling the
    processing. If an error occurrs on one of the pages and processing is
    shifted to a different page, all of the connections are closed, the
    object variables cleared and any relevent information discarded or
    passed via session variables.

    David Holley, Jan 18, 2004