Server Extensions were unable to access the file "frontpg.lck"

Terry Olsen

I'm hoping someone can help me here. When trying to create a new web site
with Visual Studio 2005, I choose HTTP and enter the url I want to create
(http://MyWebServer/MyWebSite). But I get the following error:

Unable to create the web 'http://MyWebServer/MyWebSite'. Server error: the
server extensions were unable to access the file 'frontpg.lck'. Please
check the file permissions.

I googled it and only found suggestions for deleting the service.lck file
from the _vti_pvt directory of the MyWebSite directory. But it doesn't
exist yet because VS 2005 can't create it.

Help!

Thanks,
Terry