Server Forced PostBack

Guest

Hey All

I have an interesting question. I have a WEB application that requires an "Active" data connection. For example, the client application makes a request to the database. Throughout the "Session", if any changes are made to the data that the user has, the server should force a PostBack

In ADO, adOpenDynamic recordset is the behavior I am trying to mimick. I know that with ActiveX, J# and java this is not that hard, what about ASP.Net via C# or VB

Any ideas would be great

Thanks

VB Tester

Scott M.

Under the ASP.NET architecture, once the client has received the page, the
server is out of the picture until the CLIENT makes another request from the
server.

So, the answer to your question is to force another request from the client.
This leaves you with only client side possibilities like using HTML's meta
tag with the HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="n" where n is a number in
seconds.

You will not be able to have the server spontaneously contact the client
after page delivery is complete to let it know about a data value changing.