server is not running asp.net version 1.1

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Peter, Dec 4, 2003.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Hi there,

    Just posting this because this worked for me after several hours of
    frustration.

    My webserver running on iis 6.0 was working ok. However my .aspx pages
    didn't.
    Also copying an project from visual studio to the (remote) webserver
    generated an error. (server is not running asp.net version 1.1)

    Running aspnet_regiis.exr -i and regsrv32 on the webserver did not
    solve the problem.

    I found out that in IIS Manager under "Web Service Extensions" the
    extension "APS.NET v1.1.4322" had status 'prohibited'. After allowing
    it, everything worked fine.

    Hope this helpes any of you.
    Peter, Dec 4, 2003

  2. By default, Windows 2k3 excludes ASP and ASP.NET, so this is fairly common.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Dec 4, 2003