server is not running asp.net version 1.1

Peter

Hi there,

Just posting this because this worked for me after several hours of
frustration.

My webserver running on iis 6.0 was working ok. However my .aspx pages
didn't.
Also copying an project from visual studio to the (remote) webserver
generated an error. (server is not running asp.net version 1.1)

Running aspnet_regiis.exr -i and regsrv32 on the webserver did not
solve the problem.

I found out that in IIS Manager under "Web Service Extensions" the
extension "APS.NET v1.1.4322" had status 'prohibited'. After allowing
it, everything worked fine.

Hope this helpes any of you.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

By default, Windows 2k3 excludes ASP and ASP.NET, so this is fairly common.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!