    Any tips?

    Regards
    Fredrik Melin
    Fredrik Melin, Oct 27, 2004

  2. Not sure right now, but to mitigate your problem for now, you can install
    the Windows Resource Manager (WSRM) which can monitor things like processor
    usage and either set a max limit on the processor usage per process (eg. use
    only max 50% of the processor) or it can recycle applications that hit a
    predefined peak usage (eg. when processor hits 80%, recycle this app).

    Have a look here
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/downloads/wsrm.mspx for more
    information and to download.

    Addressing the problem itself, have you run performance monitor and had a
    look at requests queued, requests aborted, and other similar counters to see
    if some rogue process is being started and never quite ending. Are you
    adding any processes to the threadpool for execution?

    --
    - Paul Glavich
    Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET

    "Fredrik Melin" <-remove-this.net> wrote in message
    > We have a larger ASP.NET application that is running on 3 identical

    servers,
    > (Network Load balanced) with Windows 2003
    >
    > On average the servers has 250 active sessions each. They serve about the
    > same number of requests per second.
    >
    > Now, after running for sometime, we are loosing processor time, (avg %
    > processor time for the asp.net) is slowly rising, and after a while (days)
    > the processor queue length gets higher and higher, and finally the server
    > will stop serving requests.
    >
    > We reboot the server automatically, and its back to zero again, starting

    > climb.
    >
    > We cant see any obvious errors in the application it self, neither does

    eat

    Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET], Oct 27, 2004