server performance dropping rapidly

KrystianAntoni

Hi

We recently transfered our couple webpages/applications from old
rig(2xP3 1Ghz) on IIS 5.0 and win2k to a new hardware(2xXeonHT 3Ghz)
with IIS6.0 and Win2k3.

On the old system everything worked fine accept the fact that it was
overloaded ;-)

On the new server after couple hours http server response times jump
rapidly and accessing the pages becoms impossible. Neighter IIS logs
nor event viewer give us any clue what might be wrong. the only place
where its possible to see that something is wrong is performance
monitor as execution times for aspnet jump rapidly.

At that moment logging through terminal services becomes slow, even
though the processors are used in only 5%. Restarting IIS takes 1-2
minutes.

One more funny thing is that after around 6 recompilations of a web
application our server also goes bananas :)

One more clue :) the problems started when we moved our web files from
someBadCompanys file system to accessing files through windows
networking. One server has IIS and the second one has files. IIS
acceses them using windows networking protocol.

I'm just hoping somebody will say "oh you forgot magic workFast button"
:)

Any help would be great :)