Server.Redirect to post to another page question

Guest

I'm trying to post from Page1 to Page2.
Page1:
controlData.Value = "Data value";//controlData is HtmlInputHidden
// Request.Form["controlData"] would return: "Data"
Server.Redirect("Page2.aspx",true);

Page2:
string sData = Request.Form["controlData"] ;//would return: "Data"

Problem: sData gives me: "Data" where I want to get "Data value";
How else can I send the string to Page2 if I have the string just before
Redirect(ing) ?

Thanks,
Oleg

John Rivers

please see explanation below ...

Sorry, read 'Server.Transfer' where it says: 'Server.Redirect'

you have declared some html to be output ...
// Request.Form["controlData"] would return: "Data"

it would once this page was received by a browser
and a user clicked submit and then you received a request

but at this point it is just html on the way to the response buffer

and now you have transferred the current request
to a new page, you are missing a whole roundtrip
Page2:
string sData = Request.Form["controlData"] ;//would return: "Data"

Problem: sData gives me: "Data" where I want to get "Data value";
How else can I send the string to Page2 if I have the string just before
Transfer(ing) ?

i can think of a number of ways but ...
i think you need to read up on basic http
and then ask yourself if there isn't a cleaner
way to achieve whatever it is you are trying to achieve

what are you trying to achieve? what does the second page do?