server-side ASP w/ client -side component

Miguel Guerreiro

Hello good folks! I need your advice on a project that i am working
on.

I am integrating a signature pad, a client-side web browser, and my
extranet to make a system. In this system, a user can punch in numbers
in the signature pad, which are then sent (thru some sort of VB
component) to the current page opened by the user's web browser. After
that the user presses a SUBMIT button and the numbers are sent to my
web-server so I can display back some sort of message to the user.

My questions are: What is the easiest way to go about making the
signature pad comunicate directly with the web-browser ? Note: The
browser needs to evoke the component so that I can execute some
display functions in the pad before I get any input from the pad.

What kind of component shall I create? ActiveX DLL? ActiveX Control?
How do I create one (never done it)?
Are there any good sites with this information?

The pad comes with a lot of Visual Basic functions, so I know that I
can problably create a component of some kind that will interact with
the server-side ASP page currently opened by the user.

Thanks,
Miguel