Server side automation question

Arthur Hastings

I want to do some time based house cleaning chores on a server based on
server time/date. I know how to do it based on a call from the client using
asp, but is it
possible to have a program residing on the server that comes alive based on
server time (not a client call) and does it's tasks such as delete an
inactive page, or more importantly, send out
a cdonts e-mail to a client list? I should also mention that this is a
shared Windows 2003 Server (Interland Blue Halo).

Any help or a small example would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ray at

You can do all of this if you have permission to schedule tasks on the
server. But, if this is a shared hosting plan, you probably don't. That
means you'd have to rely on another machine that you do have permission to
create tasks on, like your own, and setup those tasks to execute IE and
browse to your ASP page. That's one not-horrible solution, anyway.

Ray at work