Server Side code withoout page refresh

seanmle

Is it possible if I can call server side code without the page
refreshing?

Thanks,

Sean

Bruce Barker

yes. the techinque is call AJAX. google for toolkits. also asp.net 2.0 has a
very simple (feature wise) implementation for IE.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

Yes.
You can use Remote Scripting callbacks (often now referred to as "AJAX").
This normally involves using XmlHttp from the client - side page DOM to make
a call into the server-side page and call a method on it, returning the
results as either javascript, JSON, or HTML which is used to update the DOM
at the client.

The new Atlas Framework does this for ASP.NET 2.0. You could also look at
Anthem.Net and MagicAJax.net over on Sourceforge.net if you are interested in
using a whole "framework" for this type of operation.
Peter