Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.

darrel

I got a new machine this week. Prior to that, I backed up my WWWROOT folder.

Now I have the new machine, moved my files back.

I have one projet, though, that refuses to debug/launch:

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.

Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax
errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start Without Debugging. You may also
want to refer to the ASP.NET and ATL Server debugging topic in the online
documentation.

According to MS, the likely cause is a bad web.config file. However, this is
the same file that worked on my last machine, and it's the exact same file
currently running on our live server just fine.

So, could there be another culprit here? Anything else I should look at?

-Darrel

ViewState

Is your IIS configured right.... You have to config your folder as a
application folder in the IIS

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Is it possible that you had the Web declared as an Application in IIS but
you have done that on the new machine?

Ken

Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

darrel

Is your IIS configured right.... You have to config your folder as a
application folder in the IIS

Yea. I dunno what happened. I destroyed all my project files, made a new
project, reimported all the files (including the web.config) and things were
back to normal.

Must have been a VS.net bug.

Surprise. ;o)

-Darrel