    no? Or is this something I should just roll myself?

    Gary
    , Apr 27, 2008

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >I'm looking for a library that can handle server-side http aspects
    >(parsing headers, doing keepalive, basic auth, etc) without relying
    >too heavily on some underlying event engine -- I want to integrate it
    >into an existing event framework in c/c++.
    >
    >Any suggestions? (searching on "http library c" is an exercise in
    >futility). There must be some best-of-breed leader in this category,
    >no? Or is this something I should just roll myself?

    Off topic. Not portable. Cant discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

    --
    Useful clc-related links:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clique
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_programming_language
    Kenny McCormack, Apr 27, 2008

  3. santosh Guest

    wrote:

    > I'm looking for a library that can handle server-side http aspects
    > (parsing headers, doing keepalive, basic auth, etc) without relying
    > too heavily on some underlying event engine -- I want to integrate it
    > into an existing event framework in c/c++.
    >
    > Any suggestions? (searching on "http library c" is an exercise in
    > futility). There must be some best-of-breed leader in this category,
    > no? Or is this something I should just roll myself?

    Just a guess but maybe this could suit you?

    <http://httpd.apache.org/apreq/>

    Otherwise I recommend also asking in comp.programming.
    santosh, Apr 27, 2008
  4. On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 09:53:04 -0700 (PDT), garyjefferson123@...com

    Try: http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/

    --
    Roland Pibinger
    Roland Pibinger, Apr 27, 2008
  5. santosh Guest

    Roland Pibinger wrote:

    > On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 09:53:04 -0700 (PDT), garyjefferson123@...com
    > wrote:
    >>I'm looking for a library that can handle server-side http aspects
    >>(parsing headers, doing keepalive, basic auth, etc) without relying
    >>too heavily on some underlying event engine -- I want to integrate it
    >>into an existing event framework in c/c++.

    > Try: http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/

    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a client-side library?
    santosh, Apr 28, 2008
  6. In article <fv40bu$9u6$>,
    santosh <> wrote:
    >Roland Pibinger wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 09:53:04 -0700 (PDT), garyjefferson123@...com
    >> wrote:
    >>>I'm looking for a library that can handle server-side http aspects
    >>>(parsing headers, doing keepalive, basic auth, etc) without relying
    >>>too heavily on some underlying event engine -- I want to integrate it
    >>>into an existing event framework in c/c++.

    >> Try: http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/

    >Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a client-side library?

    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this all off-topic?

    I'm sure KT will be along any minute now to tell us all that the word
    "http" doesn't appear anywhere in any of the C standards documents.

    But, maybe it does. Maybe, just maybe, the C standards documents contain
    a section that tells you how to get said documents and/or how to contact
    the authors. Such a section would probably contain at least one URL,
    and that just might make this thread be on-topic. One can hope...
    Kenny McCormack, Apr 28, 2008
  7. In article <fv45u0$93l$>,
    Kenny McCormack <> wrote:

    >But, maybe it does. Maybe, just maybe, the C standards documents contain
    >a section that tells you how to get said documents and/or how to contact
    >the authors. Such a section would probably contain at least one URL,
    >and that just might make this thread be on-topic. One can hope...

    A URL for WG14 is given in the C99 Foreword, and that appears to be
    the only occurrence of "http". But the Foreword is probably not
    normative.

    -- Richard
    --
    :wq
    Richard Tobin, Apr 28, 2008
  8. santosh Guest

    Kenny McCormack wrote:

    <snip>

    Now that you have raised the issue of topicality this thread has
    immediately become topical, but also useless.
    santosh, Apr 28, 2008
  9. In article <fv4ce8$8ik$>,
    santosh <> wrote:
    >Kenny McCormack wrote:
    >
    ><snip>
    >
    >Now that you have raised the issue of topicality this thread has
    >immediately become topical, but also useless.

    Funny how that works, innit?

    I think you're finally beginning to get it.
    Kenny McCormack, Apr 28, 2008
  10. santosh <> writes:
    > Kenny McCormack wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > Now that you have raised the issue of topicality this thread has
    > immediately become topical, but also useless.

    Please don't feed the troll.

    --
    Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) <>
    Nokia
    Keith Thompson, Apr 28, 2008
  11. In article <>,
    Keith Thompson <> wrote:
    >santosh <> writes:
    >> Kenny McCormack wrote:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> Now that you have raised the issue of topicality this thread has
    >> immediately become topical, but also useless.

    >Please don't feed the troll.

    You're so cute when you're angry.
    Kenny McCormack, Apr 28, 2008

    Richard Tobin <> wrote:

    > A URL for WG14 is given in the C99 Foreword, and that appears to be
    > the only occurrence of "http". But the Foreword is probably not
    > normative.

    Of course not, it even says so itself!
    But it's not normative, so maybe it really is.
    But in that case, it wouldn't be.
    So it's not.

    -Larry Jones

    This game lends itself to certain abuses. -- Calvin
    , May 1, 2008