server-side http libraries?

garyjefferson123

I'm looking for a library that can handle server-side http aspects
(parsing headers, doing keepalive, basic auth, etc) without relying
too heavily on some underlying event engine -- I want to integrate it
into an existing event framework in c/c++.

Any suggestions? (searching on "http library c" is an exercise in
futility). There must be some best-of-breed leader in this category,
no? Or is this something I should just roll myself?

Gary

Kenny McCormack

I'm looking for a library that can handle server-side http aspects
(parsing headers, doing keepalive, basic auth, etc) without relying
too heavily on some underlying event engine -- I want to integrate it
into an existing event framework in c/c++.

Any suggestions? (searching on "http library c" is an exercise in
futility). There must be some best-of-breed leader in this category,
no? Or is this something I should just roll myself?

Off topic. Not portable. Cant discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

--
Useful clc-related links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clique
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_programming_language

santosh

I'm looking for a library that can handle server-side http aspects
(parsing headers, doing keepalive, basic auth, etc) without relying
too heavily on some underlying event engine -- I want to integrate it
into an existing event framework in c/c++.

Any suggestions? (searching on "http library c" is an exercise in
futility). There must be some best-of-breed leader in this category,
no? Or is this something I should just roll myself?

Just a guess but maybe this could suit you?

<http://httpd.apache.org/apreq/>

Otherwise I recommend also asking in comp.programming.

Kenny McCormack

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a client-side library?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this all off-topic?

I'm sure KT will be along any minute now to tell us all that the word
"http" doesn't appear anywhere in any of the C standards documents.

But, maybe it does. Maybe, just maybe, the C standards documents contain
a section that tells you how to get said documents and/or how to contact
the authors. Such a section would probably contain at least one URL,
and that just might make this thread be on-topic. One can hope...

Richard Tobin

Kenny McCormack said:
But, maybe it does. Maybe, just maybe, the C standards documents contain
a section that tells you how to get said documents and/or how to contact
the authors. Such a section would probably contain at least one URL,
and that just might make this thread be on-topic. One can hope...

A URL for WG14 is given in the C99 Foreword, and that appears to be
the only occurrence of "http". But the Foreword is probably not
normative.

-- Richard

santosh

Kenny McCormack wrote:

<snip>

Now that you have raised the issue of topicality this thread has
immediately become topical, but also useless.

Kenny McCormack

Kenny McCormack wrote:

<snip>

Now that you have raised the issue of topicality this thread has
immediately become topical, but also useless.

Funny how that works, innit?

I think you're finally beginning to get it.

Keith Thompson

santosh said:
Kenny McCormack wrote:

<snip>

Now that you have raised the issue of topicality this thread has
immediately become topical, but also useless.

Please don't feed the troll.

lawrence.jones

Richard Tobin said:
A URL for WG14 is given in the C99 Foreword, and that appears to be
the only occurrence of "http". But the Foreword is probably not
normative.

Of course not, it even says so itself!
But it's not normative, so maybe it really is.
But in that case, it wouldn't be.
So it's not.

-Larry Jones

This game lends itself to certain abuses. -- Calvin