Server-side IFRAME page loader

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by IRAS Blues, Jul 14, 2004.

  1. IRAS Blues

    IRAS Blues Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to build a control that would load a page in an IFRAME tag
    and then automatically resize the IFRAME to a height such that there
    is no vertical scrollbar needed in the frame.

    At 1st, I tried to do it using purely client-side Javascript, but
    security restrictions prevented the scripts from working on pages
    loaded that do not shared the same FQDN with the calling script.

    So I'm trying to find a work-around that uses server-side intervention
    instead.

    Basically, I'm trying to do something like this:
    1) Control loads URL and evaluates page length.
    2) Sets the IFRAME height and gets it to load the said URL.

    I'm only starting on this right now, but would anybody have any
    pointers on any past efforts or any tips?

    Mucho gracias!!
    Wong

    IRAS Blues, Jul 14, 2004