Server-side Javascript between form and CGI

hispidey

Due to a firewall issue I am unable to have the client side form access
the server the CGI is located on within our network. Is there a way to
have the form send the user information to a server-side javascript
file that in turn passes it to the server with the CGI?

Cheers,
Mark

Hal Rosser

hispidey said:
Due to a firewall issue I am unable to have the client side form access
the server the CGI is located on within our network. Is there a way to
have the form send the user information to a server-side javascript
file that in turn passes it to the server with the CGI?

Cheers,
Mark
The server-side javascript you speak of suggests an ASP page, so you're
suggesting that you submit the form to an ASP page, which will then submit
the information to a CGI program.
Its possible - but usually not necessary.
Maybe you should have client-side javascript validate the form, and submit
the validated form to the CGI (or ASP) script.

gimme_this_gimme_that

Server-side javascript is a legacy Netscape application that still
comes with Sun's iplanet.

It's not an ASP thing.

If it's possible I've never seen it - where you do a post and capture
the output to a stream. Infact SSJS doesn't have streams that I know
of.

Hal Rosser

Server-side javascript is a legacy Netscape application that still
comes with Sun's iplanet.

It's not an ASP thing.

If it's possible I've never seen it - where you do a post and capture
the output to a stream. Infact SSJS doesn't have streams that I know
of.

Yeah, I think its a microsoft ASP thingy - you can declare the language as
JScript (Javascript) instead of VBScript in ASP. (But I admit - I never used
any language other than VBScript with ASP).
It may also be - as you suggest - an old Netscape thing as well (don't get
me started on Netscape selling-out to AOL).
But I didn't say anything about streams. I was talking about the http
request and the http response - without mentioning the http-thingy.