    file that in turn passes it to the server with the CGI?

    Cheers,
    Mark
    hispidey, Mar 14, 2006

  2. hispidey

    Hal Rosser Guest

    "hispidey" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Due to a firewall issue I am unable to have the client side form access
    > the server the CGI is located on within our network. Is there a way to
    > have the form send the user information to a server-side javascript
    > file that in turn passes it to the server with the CGI?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Mark

    The server-side javascript you speak of suggests an ASP page, so you're
    suggesting that you submit the form to an ASP page, which will then submit
    the information to a CGI program.
    Its possible - but usually not necessary.
    Maybe you should have client-side javascript validate the form, and submit
    the validated form to the CGI (or ASP) script.
    Hal Rosser, Mar 14, 2006

  3. hispidey

    Guest

    Server-side javascript is a legacy Netscape application that still
    comes with Sun's iplanet.

    It's not an ASP thing.

    If it's possible I've never seen it - where you do a post and capture
    the output to a stream. Infact SSJS doesn't have streams that I know
    of.
    , Mar 15, 2006
  4. hispidey

    Hal Rosser Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Server-side javascript is a legacy Netscape application that still
    > comes with Sun's iplanet.
    >
    > It's not an ASP thing.
    >
    > If it's possible I've never seen it - where you do a post and capture
    > the output to a stream. Infact SSJS doesn't have streams that I know
    > of.

    Yeah, I think its a microsoft ASP thingy - you can declare the language as
    JScript (Javascript) instead of VBScript in ASP. (But I admit - I never used
    any language other than VBScript with ASP).
    It may also be - as you suggest - an old Netscape thing as well (don't get
    me started on Netscape selling-out to AOL).
    But I didn't say anything about streams. I was talking about the http
    request and the http response - without mentioning the http-thingy.
    Hal Rosser, Mar 15, 2006