Server-side modules

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by hotkitty, May 20, 2008.

  1. hotkitty

    hotkitty Guest

    I am trying to setup a script on my server (godaddy.com, if anyone has
    any experience w/ them) and have been ripping my hair out the past
    couple of days trying to figure it out. My guess is that the problem
    lies in the "Undefined subroutine &utf8::is_utf8 called" but I have no
    idea how to correct it. When I run the script on my local machine
    everything runs perfectly. When I upload it to the server I get the
    following errors (obviously, I;ve cut out a portion that contains some
    of the more sensitive details of my site, but you get the idea):

    Undefined subroutine &utf8::is_utf8 called at /var/chroot/home/
    content/........./html/cgi/modules/lib/Carp/Heavy.pm line 122.
    Compilation failed in require at /var/chroot/home/content/.........//
    html/cgi/modules/lib/HTML/Entities.pm line 147.
    Compilation failed in require at /var/chroot/home/content/.........//
    html/cgi/modules/lib/HTML/TokeParser.pm line 11.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/chroot/home/
    content/.........//html/cgi/modules/lib/HTML/TokeParser.pm line 11.
    Compilation failed in require at /var/chroot/home/content/.........//
    html/cgi/cctest.pl line 6.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/chroot/home/
    content/.........//html/cgi/cctest.pl line 6.

    I even tried to upload the modules I am using and still get the error.
    I haven't a clue how to resolve it. Here's the script:

    #!/usr/bin/perl -T
    use lib "/var/chroot/home/content/....../html/cgi/modules/lib";
    use warnings;

    use LWP::Simple;
    use HTML::TokeParser;
    use PDF::API2;
    use PDF::API2::Simple;
    print "Working it.......";
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..

    hotkitty, May 20, 2008

  2. hotkitty

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth hotkitty <>:
    > I am trying to setup a script on my server (godaddy.com, if anyone has
    > any experience w/ them) and have been ripping my hair out the past
    > couple of days trying to figure it out. My guess is that the problem
    > lies in the "Undefined subroutine &utf8::is_utf8 called" but I have no
    > idea how to correct it. When I run the script on my local machine
    > everything runs perfectly. When I upload it to the server I get the
    > following errors (obviously, I;ve cut out a portion that contains some
    > of the more sensitive details of my site, but you get the idea):
    >
    > Undefined subroutine &utf8::is_utf8 called at /var/chroot/home/
    > content/........./html/cgi/modules/lib/Carp/Heavy.pm line 122.

    Have you by any chance uploaded Carp/Heavy.pm from 5.8 to a machine
    that only has 5.6? That isn't going to work: modules supplied with perl
    are not (in general) portable to other versions. If they are, there will
    be a version on CPAN, which you should install rather than taking a copy
    from your current perl.

    Ben

    --
    I touch the fire and it freezes me, []