Server-side modules

hotkitty

I am trying to setup a script on my server (godaddy.com, if anyone has
any experience w/ them) and have been ripping my hair out the past
couple of days trying to figure it out. My guess is that the problem
lies in the "Undefined subroutine &utf8::is_utf8 called" but I have no
idea how to correct it. When I run the script on my local machine
everything runs perfectly. When I upload it to the server I get the
following errors (obviously, I;ve cut out a portion that contains some
of the more sensitive details of my site, but you get the idea):

Undefined subroutine &utf8::is_utf8 called at /var/chroot/home/
content/........./html/cgi/modules/lib/Carp/Heavy.pm line 122.
Compilation failed in require at /var/chroot/home/content/.........//
html/cgi/modules/lib/HTML/Entities.pm line 147.
Compilation failed in require at /var/chroot/home/content/.........//
html/cgi/modules/lib/HTML/TokeParser.pm line 11.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/chroot/home/
content/.........//html/cgi/modules/lib/HTML/TokeParser.pm line 11.
Compilation failed in require at /var/chroot/home/content/.........//
html/cgi/cctest.pl line 6.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/chroot/home/
content/.........//html/cgi/cctest.pl line 6.

I even tried to upload the modules I am using and still get the error.
I haven't a clue how to resolve it. Here's the script:

#!/usr/bin/perl -T
use lib "/var/chroot/home/content/....../html/cgi/modules/lib";
use warnings;

use LWP::Simple;
use HTML::TokeParser;
use PDF::API2;
use PDF::API2::Simple;
print "Working it.......";
..
..
..
..

Ben Morrow

Quoth hotkitty said:
I am trying to setup a script on my server (godaddy.com, if anyone has
any experience w/ them) and have been ripping my hair out the past
couple of days trying to figure it out. My guess is that the problem
lies in the "Undefined subroutine &utf8::is_utf8 called" but I have no
idea how to correct it. When I run the script on my local machine
everything runs perfectly. When I upload it to the server I get the
following errors (obviously, I;ve cut out a portion that contains some
of the more sensitive details of my site, but you get the idea):

Undefined subroutine &utf8::is_utf8 called at /var/chroot/home/
content/........./html/cgi/modules/lib/Carp/Heavy.pm line 122.

Have you by any chance uploaded Carp/Heavy.pm from 5.8 to a machine
that only has 5.6? That isn't going to work: modules supplied with perl
are not (in general) portable to other versions. If they are, there will
be a version on CPAN, which you should install rather than taking a copy
from your current perl.

Ben