    Validation scripting in a .aspx page. I am using Visual Studio .Net 2005.
    Please Help me.
    Thank you
    =?Utf-8?B?YW5vb3A=?=, Jul 3, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?YW5vb3A=?=

    Hans Kesting Guest

    > Hello,
    > I am new to .Net, I want to know how do I code Server Side
    > Validation scripting in a .aspx page. I am using Visual Studio .Net 2005.
    > Please Help me.
    > Thank you

    Drag a CustomValidator onto the page, set properties like ErrorMessage
    (it's permitted to leave ControlToValidate blank!). Double click it, to
    create a server-side handler.
    Add any testing code and set the args.IsValid to true or false,
    depending on the result of the test.

    Note: when you set the ControlToValidate to some control (textbox), and
    the value of that control is empty, the validator (read: your server
    side code) is NOT run. If you leave ControlToValidate empty, your code
    is always run.

    Hans Kesting
    Hans Kesting, Jul 3, 2006