Server-side Scripting Language..

Rasmus Kromann-Larsen

Hey,

Now I'm doing a ASP.NET 2.0 C# application and customization is one of
the main requirements. So what I need is a smaller (easier for non-
developers) scripting language to allow writing small scripts that
will be executed -server-side-.

At the moment I'm working with Lua through LuaInterface and have made
a small DSL (domain-specific-language) in Lua using functions /
closures. This makes it easy to write configurations in the script
boxes.

However, having one Lua interpreter for each session seems wasteful
and using reflection through LuaInterface to change properties of
ASP.NET objects seems like this could quickly become both a memory and
performance bottleneck.

So I was wondering, what do other people do in this situation? C#
scriping? JScript? implement a small lexer / parser themselves
(personally I like the expression evaluation capabilities of small
scriping languages - and they're usually easier to extend)...?

Please :)