    Phillip Mills
    Multi-platform software development
    (416) 224-0714

    Ashton, Nov 16, 2003

  2. On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 09:51:26 -0500, Ashton wrote:

    > I'm currently working with JBoss/Tomcat, PostgreSQL, NetBeans, Struts,
    > XDoclet, Ant, JUnit, JUnitEE...and a few things I've probably forgotten
    > to mention.
    >
    > What tools do *you* consider necessary for web application development?

    I don't do JSP - converted everything over to servlets.

    IntelliJ IDEA is my IDE. I use Tomcat (it's actually called Catalina),
    Ant, and JUnit. I developed an abstract data source layer, so my apps
    don't know if the data comes from MySQL, Hypersonic, XML, or a flat file.
    My library also implements a swing-type architecture for generating HTML,
    including support for ActionListener, TableCellRenderer, et all.

    Aloha,
    LÄÊ»ie Techie
    =?UTF-8?b?TMSByrtpZSBUZWNoaWU=?=, Nov 16, 2003

  3. Ashton

    Paul Zabelin Guest

    For Example, last three web app project our team used:

    NetBeans 3.5
    Tomcat 4.1
    Oracle 9i
    Struts 1.2
    jUnit 3.8
    hansel 1.1
    Ant 1.5

    Paul Zabelin, Nov 16, 2003
  4. Ashton

    Andy Fish Guest

    surely no web app is complete without a bit of XML paraphernalia (xerces,
    xalan) or was that taken for granted?

    also I'm looking at hibernate for my next project. A friend recommended it
    but I haven't used it myself yet.

    Andy Fish, Nov 17, 2003