Server-side tools survey

Ashton

I'm currently working with JBoss/Tomcat, PostgreSQL, NetBeans, Struts,
XDoclet, Ant, JUnit, JUnitEE...and a few things I've probably forgotten
to mention.

What tools do *you* consider necessary for web application development?

Guest

I'm currently working with JBoss/Tomcat, PostgreSQL, NetBeans, Struts,
XDoclet, Ant, JUnit, JUnitEE...and a few things I've probably forgotten
to mention.

What tools do *you* consider necessary for web application development?

I don't do JSP - converted everything over to servlets.

IntelliJ IDEA is my IDE. I use Tomcat (it's actually called Catalina),
Ant, and JUnit. I developed an abstract data source layer, so my apps
don't know if the data comes from MySQL, Hypersonic, XML, or a flat file.
My library also implements a swing-type architecture for generating HTML,
including support for ActionListener, TableCellRenderer, et all.

Aloha,
LÄÊ»ie Techie

Paul Zabelin

For Example, last three web app project our team used:

NetBeans 3.5
Tomcat 4.1
Oracle 9i
Struts 1.2
jUnit 3.8
hansel 1.1
Ant 1.5

Andy Fish

surely no web app is complete without a bit of XML paraphernalia (xerces,
xalan) or was that taken for granted?

also I'm looking at hibernate for my next project. A friend recommended it
but I haven't used it myself yet.