Server space allocation and security question

mike

Hi for those who can help me...

I am dutch and try to use my best English. I do not know if thi is the
right group to asked my question. I am bussy with makeing a wensite where
people can upload there stufff and other people could see what they are
sharing pictures documents etc.... etc.... But the thing i wanted to do is
that everyone who makes a account could upload it to the server and they can
only access the server by the website. The site is going to be build in
asp.net and sql-server and all the things ineed 2 do the business.

My question(s) is.

Everyone who registered at the website can get there own space allocation
for about 10mb they can change delete and upload data to there directory

1. How can i make the above that nobody could change there things or files
without knowing the login id's and passwords.
2. Where do i have 2 look to configure this. Are there examples on the web
and where
3. is this a setting in IIS or Windows 2003 Server or just Windows XP
Proffesional

Thanx in advance

My best regards

Mike

Hans Kesting

mike said:
Hi for those who can help me...

I am dutch and try to use my best English. I do not know if thi is the
right group to asked my question. I am bussy with makeing a wensite where
people can upload there stufff and other people could see what they are
sharing pictures documents etc.... etc.... But the thing i wanted to do is
that everyone who makes a account could upload it to the server and they can
only access the server by the website. The site is going to be build in
asp.net and sql-server and all the things ineed 2 do the business.

Just a friendly remark: when you admit your english isn't too good,
don't use "cute" shortcuts ("2" instead of "to"), as this will make your text
more difficult to read (there are a lot of "non-english" people here!)
My question(s) is.

Everyone who registered at the website can get there own space allocation
for about 10mb they can change delete and upload data to there directory

1. How can i make the above that nobody could change there things or files
without knowing the login id's and passwords.
2. Where do i have 2 look to configure this. Are there examples on the web
and where
3. is this a setting in IIS or Windows 2003 Server or just Windows XP
Proffesional

Thanx in advance

My best regards

Mike

What you can do (one solution, I'm sure there are more) is store the uploaded
files in the sql-server database. That way *you* (or rather the application)
can control access to specific "files". If you store the size of every uploaded
file, you can check the total amount stored and reject the upload if it's over
the limit.

Hans Kesting