    Additional information: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to
    connect to the remote server.

    I don't know what to do. Any kind of help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

    Clara, Jun 9, 2005

  2. Clara

    CodeMeister Guest

    The problem could be security related in several respects. The first issue
    could be not passing user credentials to the web service from the client.
    This would be an issue if you're using Windows authentication on the
    service. To resolve this issue, use the following line on your proxy before
    you call the service:

    proxy.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

    The other issue is the classic double hop issue. This is an issue when
    calling a remote server from a web server due to not being able to forward
    credentials.

    You do not state if your call through IE is local to the server or remote.
    If it is local, then your credentials will be passed to the service. If it
    is remote, IE will forward your credentials when using Windows
    authentication.

    Hope this helps.

    Jon

    CodeMeister, Jun 13, 2005