Server.Transfer between 2 different Web Apps

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by BrandonN, Oct 13, 2004.

  1. BrandonN

    BrandonN Guest

    I have 2 seperate web applications A and B. During the execution of A, I
    want to do a Server.Transfer to a page in application B. This works fine if
    A has a reference to B, but without the reference, I get the following error:

    Parser Error
    An error occurred during the parsing of a resource
    required to service this request. Please review the
    following specific parse error details and modify your
    source file appropriately.

    Parser Error Message:
    Could not load type 'B.WebForm1'.

    Source Error:
    Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="B.aspx.cs"
    AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="B.WebForm1" %>
    Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
    Line 3: <HTML>

    Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\B\B.aspx Line: 1

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032;
    ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

    It seems to be looking for B.dll in the path for application A, and can't
    find it. Because of the specifics of this project I am unable to set a
    reference, or even include a <codeBase> element in the config file. Is there
    any way to force the runtime to look in the path of the target application
    instead of the launching app?
    BrandonN, Oct 13, 2004

  2. Hi BrandonN,

    This is a "classic" ASP group. The ASP.NET groups have "aspnet" in their
    names, i.e. microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Oct 13, 2004