    "Error executing child request for [pagename].aspx."

    Anyone know why?

    Thanks for help.

    Tom, Jun 25, 2003

  2. Tom

    Bill Priess Guest

    Can you post the code where you are calling the Server.Transfer?

    Bill Priess, Jun 25, 2003

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    This is my statement:

    Server.Transfer("QuestionChoice.aspx");

    I also tried:
    Server.Transfer("QuestionChoice.aspx", true);

    I get the same error for both statements.

    Tom, Jun 25, 2003
  4. Tom

    trinitypete Guest

    I had a similar problem where I was Server.Transfer to
    another aspx page which had a crystal report viewer on it.
    If I executed the transfer it worked fine, if any other
    user executed the transfer they received the error as you
    did. The problem was that we were using windows integrated
    security on the site and some of the user accounts didn't
    have ACL permissions for the some of the crystal Dll's
    etc.

    I dont know if this is a similar situation to that what
    you have.

    Pete.

    trinitypete, Jun 25, 2003
  5. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Thanks for the reply. My application is also using DLL libraries developed
    in .NET. I removed integrated security and it worked (I wonder what's the
    connection).

    However, I got another error:
    +++
    Thread was being aborted.
    Error Type: [System.Threading.ThreadAbortException]
    +++

    What I am trying to do is this:

    When the user submits a form, I process the data (update the database) and
    forward to request to another page, but I want the form submitted values to
    be passed on to the new page.

    Do you know of a way to do this?

    Thanks

    Tom, Jun 25, 2003
  6. Tom

    trinitypete Guest

    Tom,

    With regard to security:

    If integrated security is being used access to system file
    resources is done via the windows account that the user
    has used to sign in with. Whats probably happening is that
    the user you are logging in with doesn't have sufficient
    windows permissions to access the actual DLL's etc.
    Whatever components you are using ensure your user has
    sufficient windows permissions to access them.

    With regard to passing values from one page to another,
    there are several ways.

    In the calling page store the values in either
    SessionState or Context - SessionState variables live for
    the lifetime of the session and context variables are only
    valid in the context of the request.

    Session["MyVar"]=textbox1.Text

    or

    Context.Items["MyVar"]=textbox1.Text

    in the called page:

    if (Session["MyVar"]!=null)
    string mystring = (string)Session["MyVar"]

    or

    if (Context.Items["MyVar"]!=null)
    string mystring = (string)Session["MyVar"]

    Another way is to use QueryStrings - Appending data to the
    url and picking them back out in the called page. You'll
    have to go and look this one up in the help, I don't use
    them very often.

    HTH. Pete.

    trinitypete, Jun 26, 2003