server.transfer doesn't work - why

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Karl, Aug 12, 2004.

  1. Karl

    Karl Guest

    It should work, are you calling Server.ClearError() before doing your
    transfer? If not, make sure you do.

    z. f., Aug 12, 2004

  3. Karl

    clintonG Guest

    The Transfer method has some limitations. It can not transfer from
    one server to another and it can not transfer from a dynamic page
    such as an .aspx to an .html page. If you need either of those
    circumstances you'll have to use Response.Redirect and suffer
    the two trips to the server.

    --
    <%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results -- Half the Cost"
    Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development

    clintonG, Aug 12, 2004