Server.Transfer from custom HTTP handler?

henke.lundin

Hello,

I am having problems with Server.Transfer(string, bool) in the
ProcessRequest method of a custom HTTP handler. I get the "Error
executing child request" error message. The page that I am trying to
transfer to is mapped to the same custom handler.

Does anyone know why this occurs? Does the Server.Transfer method
assume that the target page is mapped to the default aspx Page HTTP
handler?

I am using ASP.NET 2.0.

Any suggestions? Any help would be much appreciated!

Henrik

Kevin Spencer

System.Web.UI.Page inherits HttpHandler. But each Page in an ASP.Net app is
a different derived class from Sytem.Web.UI.Page. Your HttpHandler class
inherits HttpHandler. It is trying to transfer to itself.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP