Server.Transfer to a DLL - is there a way ?

Arnnei

The Transfer method allows you to transfer from inside one ASP page to
another ASP page

Is there a similar thing - The Transfer method taht allows you to transfer
from inside one ASP page to a DLL.

StephenMcC

Hi Arnnei,

Thats a bit freaky, I just posted a query on the Server.Transfer method as
well, right after you it would seem - great minds and that...

Anyways, I'm not sure you can plug directly in a dll from ASP via a Transfer
call or the like, but you can plug into the ObjectContext in vb (I assume
it's vb ur using here), allowing you to use the various ASP objects such as
the response, request objects etc as well as accessing the session and
application objects, so maybe you could call an interface in ur dll to do a
certain action on/using these, maybe do a redirect or something.

Check out the link below on plugging into the Objectcontext and the ASP
object in VB, should get u strated...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/238274/

...Plugging to the ObjectContext from c++
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/239445/

But then again, after re-reading ur post maybe you mean u just wanna create
an instance of the dll and call a certain method, if so check out:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...html/3ca5f82f-8e96-44ed-bbea-fc62cc01e457.asp

Stephen.