server.transfer

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by abcd, Jun 9, 2005.

  1. abcd

    abcd Guest

    abcd, Jun 9, 2005

  2. abcd wrote:
    > I am using the following statement in my asp page , it doesnt work
    >
    > server.Transfer(ftp://mymachine/dir1/data.zip)

    From the documentation:

    Server.Transfer
    The Transfer method sends all of the information that has been assembled for
    processing by one .asp file to a second .asp file.

    The operative words are "second .asp file"

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jun 9, 2005

  3. abcd

    abcd Guest

    do you know the best method to transfer to ftp site from asp page

    in my asp page I check some user validation and if that is trhough I give
    access to the file thru ftp I can choose some other mechanism if that is
    efficient
    thanks

    abcd, Jun 9, 2005