server.transfer

abcd

I am using the following statement in my asp page , it doesnt work

server.Transfer(ftp://mymachine/dir1/data.zip)

any clues

Bob Barrows [MVP]

abcd said:
I am using the following statement in my asp page , it doesnt work

server.Transfer(ftp://mymachine/dir1/data.zip)

From the documentation:

Server.Transfer
The Transfer method sends all of the information that has been assembled for
processing by one .asp file to a second .asp file.

The operative words are "second .asp file"

abcd

do you know the best method to transfer to ftp site from asp page

in my asp page I check some user validation and if that is trhough I give
access to the file thru ftp I can choose some other mechanism if that is
efficient
thanks