server updateing data already on the client

Jake

Hi

I would like that when data is updated in a database on
the sever taht all instance of that data already being
viewed on aspx pages by clients be updated. Is this
acheiveble with an activeX control on the page that
listens for information from the server? I dont want to
have to use page refreshes firing in a loop.

Thanks in advance

Jake

Oleg Ogurok

You can write a Windows Form application and host it in a browser, just like
ActiveX. You'll need to use remoting for that though.
The catch is that every user must have IE and .NET framework installed.
Other browsers don't support .NET "applets"

Guest

Thanks that sounds exactly like what I am after.

Would you know of where I can find information about
imbeding/running windows application in a web page/
browser and remoting?

Thanks again

Jake