Server variables Remote_ADDR / REMOTE_HOST ? - Difference

Jawahar Rajan

All,
I am trying to log the IP address of visitors to my site using ASP as
follows

<%
Dim strIPAdd
Dim srtHostName

srtIPAdd = ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR")
strHostName = ServerVaraibles("REMOTE_HOST")
%>

Both return the same result i.e an IP address. I was hoping that the
REMOTE_HOST would return the name of the server.
I tried to use HOST_NAME but again i got an IP address

Any thoughts on how to get the name itself ? are people masking the name for
security reasons?

Thanks
Jawahar