Server Wide Problem (frustrating)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by James, Aug 15, 2007.

  1. James

    James Guest

    Occasionally, our websites that we host locally will all start generating
    errors. There don't seem to be any memory issues. There's nothing in the
    Event Log that's out of the ordinary. But all at once, our sites will start
    generating errors like the one below. Restarting IIS doesn't solve
    anything, but a full reboot does "solve" the problem, but is certainly not
    the best option. It's happening quite frequently today and it's very
    difficult to debug because our priority is to get the servers back up and
    running as quickly as possible. So I'm curious if anyone has come across
    this problem, or has any suggestions for what I can look for the next time
    that it happens. The machine should be more than capable of handling the
    traffic it receives.

    Configuration Error

    Parser Error Message: Unable to load file '<Project/AssemblyNameHere>'.

    Source Error:

    Line 256: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices,
    Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 257: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile,
    Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 258: <add assembly="*"/> <~~~~~ This line is
    highlighted, in most cases.
    Line 259: </assemblies>
    Line 260:
    James, Aug 15, 2007