ServerXMLHTTP and impersonation

Lambuz

Hi all,
I'm trying to use a ServerXMLHTTP connection in async mode to request
Page2.asp from Page1.asp.

Both pages are inside 2 different virtual directories with Windows
Integrated Authentication but the user who requests Page2.asp is
different from user has requested Page1.asp.
The user of Page2.asp is IWAM_machine_name.

If I use ServerXMLHttp in standard mode there is no problem.

Please help me.

Best ragards

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

Lambuz said:
any idea ?

please help me

WRite your COM component as if you were ignoring impersonation.
Then deploy your component using COM+ where you can set impersonation. As a
server library of course, so your component runs ' out of process'.

Lambuz

sorry but in your url I can't find nothing more useful than I've
already know about ServerXMLHTTP.

Please could you be more clear ?

Best Regards

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

Lambuz said:
Thx fror your answer but I think you have posted it in the wrong post.

bye

My answer was correct. Is something not clear?

Lambuz

Sorry but all your answer is not clear.

this is my originale post:
---------------------

Lambuz said:
Sorry but all your answer is not clear.

this is my originale post:
---------------------
Hi all,
I'm trying to use a ServerXMLHTTP connection in async mode to request
Page2.asp from Page1.asp.

Both pages are inside 2 different virtual directories with Windows
Integrated Authentication but the user who requests Page2.asp is
different from user has requested Page1.asp.
The user of Page2.asp is IWAM_machine_name.

If I use ServerXMLHttp in standard mode there is no problem.

Please help me.

Best ragards
-------------

This is your response:
-----------
WRite your COM component as if you were ignoring impersonation.
Then deploy your component using COM+ where you can set impersonation.
As a
server library of course, so your component runs ' out of process'.

I was writing about a COM component not meaning that you -were- writing a
COM componet. If that's not clear, sorry.
I meant that you -should- write a COM component.

Configure the component in COM+ and delegate it as a process to a windows
user with the correct security priviliges to do remote requests.
ServerXMLHttp is also subject to IE security zone settings. The default
IWAM and IUSR accounts, have lowest settings.