ServerXMLHTTP

eti

Hello,

We use the following configuration on our development environment:
Server - win2k spk4
Local Computer - win2k spk3

We use the following code on the server to access a page on the local
IIS :

Set objSrvHTTP = Server.CreateObject ("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.4.0")
strUrl = "http://" & strLocalComputer & "/maoz/ShowRecNum.asp"
objSrvHTTP.open "GET", strUrl , false
objSrvHTTP.send()
lngRecNum= objSrvHTTP.responseText
set objSrvHTTP = nothing

When strLocalComputer contains the local computer name, we get the
requested page. But if we use the IP address of the local computer we
get the error :

msxml4.dll (0x80072EE7)
The server name or address could not be resolved.

We manage to run the URL with the IP address from a browser on the
server but not from a browser on the local computer.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Eti

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

If name works, use name???

Sounds like a network resolution issue. Do you have a loopback adapter
installed? Does the box have multiple nics? Are you using the internal or
external interface?