ServerXMLHTTP

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by eti, May 24, 2004.

  1. eti

    eti Guest

    Hello,

    We use the following configuration on our development environment:
    Server - win2k spk4
    Local Computer - win2k spk3

    We use the following code on the server to access a page on the local
    IIS :

    Set objSrvHTTP = Server.CreateObject ("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.4.0")
    strUrl = "http://" & strLocalComputer & "/maoz/ShowRecNum.asp"
    objSrvHTTP.open "GET", strUrl , false
    objSrvHTTP.send()
    lngRecNum= objSrvHTTP.responseText
    set objSrvHTTP = nothing

    When strLocalComputer contains the local computer name, we get the
    requested page. But if we use the IP address of the local computer we
    get the error :

    msxml4.dll (0x80072EE7)
    The server name or address could not be resolved.

    We manage to run the URL with the IP address from a browser on the
    server but not from a browser on the local computer.

    Any ideas ?

    Thanks,

    Eti

    eti, May 24, 2004

  2. If name works, use name???

    Sounds like a network resolution issue. Do you have a loopback adapter
    installed? Does the box have multiple nics? Are you using the internal or
    external interface?

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP