Service Controller from Web Service

Tom G

PLEASE repost this!
It didn't get answered on the bulliten board!

Thanks!

Hello everyone.

I am currently attempting to use the service controller class to display
status and start/stop services on a box via a webservice. I have managed to
get it displaying the status, but am constantly getting an access denied
error while trying to start/stop services. I have elevated about every
permission that I can think of to get this working via the webservice and
still have no luck. Can someone help me out with a detailed explanation of
what I'm doing wrong or what I may be missing. Or if there is a better
class to use to control these services. Thank you for your help!

Tom

are you still there Larry? I've been doing complex searches and haven't
found squat. What is the 'Simple' search?

Tom G

Nevermind. I found the answer on ph2. The default WebConfig file doesn't
come with <identity> in it.
You have to add this, then set 'impersonate='true'' in order to get
permissions remotely.

Tom