Service Controller from Web Service

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Tom G, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. Tom G

    Tom G Guest

    PLEASE repost this!
    It didn't get answered on the bulliten board!

    Thanks!

    Hello everyone.

    I am currently attempting to use the service controller class to display
    status and start/stop services on a box via a webservice. I have managed to
    get it displaying the status, but am constantly getting an access denied
    error while trying to start/stop services. I have elevated about every
    permission that I can think of to get this working via the webservice and
    still have no luck. Can someone help me out with a detailed explanation of
    what I'm doing wrong or what I may be missing. Or if there is a better
    class to use to control these services. Thank you for your help!

    Tom

    are you still there Larry? I've been doing complex searches and haven't
    found squat. What is the 'Simple' search?
    Tom G, Apr 8, 2004

  2. Tom G

    Tom G Guest

    Nevermind. I found the answer on ph2. The default WebConfig file doesn't
    come with <identity> in it.
    You have to add this, then set 'impersonate='true'' in order to get
    permissions remotely.

    Tom

    Tom G, Apr 23, 2004