service installation with user account

Lukasz

Hello

I created windows service, and set Account property to User,
under installation system asks for username and password,
Im giving right username and password but it says that they
are bad, and service is not installed.
I can set it to run as LocalSystem, but I need it to run under
user account.
If it is matter of signing, i can sign my application, but it uses dlls
that are unsigned.

Any ideas?
thanks in advance
best regards
Lu

Lukasz

Right now it says: Win32Exception: No mapping between account names and
security IDs was done.

Joined
Aug 1, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I had the ecxact same problem, it can be different things, but what you
want to do first is to make sure the username and password matches up.

"if run from command line"
try to not enter username and password when you run the command line,
then you will get a form, asking you for username and password, if you
can enter username and password here, and the service installs correct,
then you know that the username and password matches up. If not, then
you need to figure out how to write it, it could be like this

.\administrator 'localmachine
MyDomain\administrator 'network

"Usefull solution"
I tried to print out the username and password after I putted them on my
ServiceProcessInstaller.

System.Diagnostics.EventLog.WriteEntry("ServiceTest", "User:""" &
Me.processInstaller.Username & """ Password:""" &
Me.processInstaller.Password & """", EventLogEntryType.Warning)

If the username and password arent set properly here, you will get the
Win32Exception.

My problem, was I had switched the username and password :)