Service Pack 2 Problem

AspDotNetDeveloper

Hello,

I have Windows 2003 Server with .Net Framework 1.1 installed (part of the
OS), and have used Windows Update to install the Service Pack 2 (the only
way you can install it). The install seems to go fine, but Windows Update
keeps telling me I need to install Service Pack 2. I have had this happen on
other computers. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if it is
installing it or not.

I am investigating this, as I am running into a problem installing the ASP
..Net Commerce Starter Kit, and found that the error I am running into was
fixed by re-installing the .Net Framework. The error is:

InstallUtilLib.dll:ClrCreateManagedInstance (hr=0x80070002): The system
cannot find the file specified

Problem: Windows 2003 Server will not let you uninstall or re-install the
framework, as it tells me it's built into the operating system, and all
updates need to be donw through Windows Update.

Help!

CT

Service Pack for the .NET Framework 1.1? AFAIK service Pack 2 is the .NET
Framework 1.0. Have you installed that as well?