Service Unavailable under Windows Server 2003

Simon Hart

Hi,

We have one site where whenever they try to connect to our web application
they are getting a "Service Unavailable" message. there is no HTTP error
code and no other information. the have installed ASP.NET and of course IIS.
They are trying the connection on the local machine. If they try and enter a
invalid page ie: localhost/foo.html they get the same message which suggests
its not a ASP.NET error but an IIS config problem.

Anyone else seen this before?

They are running Standard Edition with SP1 installed.

Regards
Simon.

Simon Hart

Update:

It turned out the application pool was started. After it was started, it was
fine.

Cheers
Simon.

Simon Hart

Correction!! the app pool was *not* started!