    Unavailable though.
    What can I do to correct the problem?

    Casper

    Casper Hornstrup, Feb 16, 2005

  2. re:
    > Shouldn't the VS.NET 2005 installer enable it?

    Nope.

    Shipping the server totally unenabled is more secure.
    That way, the admin enables only what's needed.

    re:
    >Still getting Service Unavailable though.

    When you run .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 simultaneously,
    you *must* run them in different Application Pools.

    Go into your IIS MMC, create an Application Pool and,
    after you've created it, assign all your 1.1 apps to the new pool
    ( leave the 2.0 apps in the default AppPool ).

    Also, go get Denis Bauer's ASP.NET Version Switcher
    http://www.denisbauer.com/NETTools/ASPNETVersionSwitcher.aspx

    It will make your life a lot easier when switching
    applications to run under a different ASP.NET version.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://asp.net.do/foros/
    Foros de ASP.NET en Español
    =====================

    Juan T. Llibre, Feb 16, 2005

  3. "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote in message
    > re:
    > > Shouldn't the VS.NET 2005 installer enable it?

    > When you run .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 simultaneously,
    > you *must* run them in different Application Pools.
    >
    > Go into your IIS MMC, create an Application Pool and,
    > after you've created it, assign all your 1.1 apps to the new pool
    > ( leave the 2.0 apps in the default AppPool ).
    >
    > Also, go get Denis Bauer's ASP.NET Version Switcher
    > http://www.denisbauer.com/NETTools/ASPNETVersionSwitcher.aspx
    >
    > It will make your life a lot easier when switching
    > applications to run under a different ASP.NET version.

    Thanks. Your suggestions helped a lot.

    To the VS.NET 2005 team: If the installer would ask if it should enable the
    ASP.NET 2.0 isapi filter then that would avoid some confusion.

    Casper

    Casper Hornstrup, Feb 16, 2005
  4. re:
    > Thanks. Your suggestions helped a lot.

    Glad to have been of help!

    Your suggestion that an installation fork be included,
    to ask whether the 2.0 version should be enabled
    after installation is a good one, although I'd settle
    for a screen telling the user that they need to be enabled,
    plus a note in the README file.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://asp.net.do/foros/