Serving .asp code with the asp.net engine

MatsL

Hi,
I've run into a problem with url rewriter and an .asp page that needs to
be accessed.

The rewriter is implemented as an HTTP module and the IIS passes all
requests to the asp.net engine. Is it possible to make my HTTP module
not handle the request and let IIS take care of it, even though I have a
wildcard application mapping.

Thanks in advance
Mats

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Mats,

What kind of url rewriter are you using? Have you tried using this rewriter:

http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/URLRewriter.asp

Based on my understanding, when you configured wildcard application mapping
in IIS to use aspnet_isapi.dll, the .asp files should still be accessible.
Do you mean that first let the .asp file request go through your http
module and rewrite the path, then again let IIS serve the updated path of
.asp file?

Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

promptly.

MatsL

Hi Walter,
thanks for the reply. Stupid me hadn't enabled .asp on my local iis. It
worked on the production machine.

Thanks anyway!

Best regards,
Mats Lycken