Serving windows media and real audio streams as MP3

cgokey

I've got a LinkSys WML11b music server and it is limited to only
playing MP3 streams. This is a small java server that will dynamically
serve out windows media and real audio streams as MP3. It is fairly
generic and might be able to be used for other music devices or
applications.
I've posted this applicaton before but it only supported Linux at that
time. Now it supports both linux and windows. It does a lot of system
calls to lame, mplayer, etc, so it isn't pure java. The hardest part
to getting this to work under windows was that I relied heavily on
mkfifo (for named pipes) in UNIX and I had a hard time finding an
equilavent for Windows, so I ended up writing something similar in C.

If anyone find this interesting, please let me know. I've gotten a few
requests to make this work on more than just linux, so here it is:

http://home.comcast.net/~cgokey/java/mp3/index.html

Chris