servlet filter problem

polilop

I have an web application. Develop it in RAD, which has IBM WebSphere
Application Server, 6.0.0.0
.. I deploy the application on IBM WebSphere Application Server - Express,
6.0.2.5 on AS400
In my application i am using a authentication filter, which look's up if the
user is on the domain, and then in my servlet i look up the users
credentials, if it has none redirect him to non authorotive page. The
problem is when i test it local, works fine, filter checks if user exists,
if not prompts for domain user and password, but when i deploy it on my
AS400 my servlet gets called before the filter. Is there a reason for this?
i thought filters allways intercepted request's?

polilop

polilop said:
I have an web application. Develop it in RAD, which has IBM WebSphere
Application Server, 6.0.0.0
. I deploy the application on IBM WebSphere Application Server - Express,
6.0.2.5 on AS400
In my application i am using a authentication filter, which look's up if
the user is on the domain, and then in my servlet i look up the users
credentials, if it has none redirect him to non authorotive page. The
problem is when i test it local, works fine, filter checks if user
exists, if not prompts for domain user and password, but when i deploy it
on my AS400 my servlet gets called before the filter. Is there a reason
for this? i thought filters allways intercepted request's?
i have foud that i am redirecting from my index.jsp to an struts mapping,
and somwhere on the line my
filter get's skipped, as it's url mapping is to /*, if i put *.do it dose
not work, so if anybody
had a similar problem with struts, welcome page and filters pls help